Hoof Meter Reader
Designed by Jaime Jackson
2012 model replaces 1999 version.
- Reads easily from both sides of the horse — no need to reach across one hoof to measure the other.
- 3 measurement dials:
- Yellow dial measures left hooves.
- Red dial measures right hooves.
- White (center) dial is scaled in both metric and U.S. units.
- Measurements are calibrated to wild horse data gathered by Jaime Jackson and published in The Natural Horse: Lessons from the Wild (Northland Published, 1992).
- Compare your horse’s measurements with those of sound wild horse hooves.
- Know when your horse’s hoof measurements are in the “natural” and “healthy” ranges or are “unnatural” and heading towards lameness.
- Complete use instructions in The Natural Trim: Principles and Practice.
- Indispensable hoof gauge for conducting the natural trim.
See instructions for using the Hoof Meter Reader.
When ordering, specify in the drop down menu above whether you want the item shipped to you, or that you will pick it up at my clinic.