Hoof Meter Reader (for horse owners)
Invented by Jaime Jackson
2012 model replaces 1999 version.
- User friendly! For horse owners, trimmers, farriers, and vets.
- Reads easily from both sides of the horse — no need to reach across one hoof to measure the other.
- 3 measurement dials:
- Yellow dial measures left hooves.
- Red dial measures right hooves.
- White (center) dial is scaled in both metric and U.S. units.
- Measurements are calibrated to my measurement data gathered from wild horse hooves as published in The Natural Horse: Lessons from the Wild (Northland Published, 1992).
- Compare your horse’s measurements with those of sound wild horse hooves.
- Know when your horse’s hoof measurements are in the “natural” and “healthy” ranges or are “unnatural” and heading towards lameness.
- Indispensable hoof gauge for conducting the natural trim.
Free simplified instructions for horse owners available here. You can download and/or print and take to your horse to use.
Purchase advanced instructions for hoof care professionals here.
Free Shipping (U.S. orders only)